Saturday, March 13, 2010

Pita Heaven




Fresh hot bread right out of the oven is pure bliss.... fresh hot soft pitas come in a close second. I have made pitas using several different recipes but have found a wonderful easy one over at Farmgirl Susans blog here http://foodiefarmgirl.blogspot.com/2005/09/pita-pita-i-too-much-eata.html
The only change that I made to her recipe was that I used half fresh ground whole wheat flour. They turned out beautiful, I had to sample one right away with some local honey....Oh Ya they are so Awesome.
We had the pitas with some of our own home grown lamb, lettuce,tomatoes, cucumbers, yogurt and some mango chutney. Oh so yummy!! The family scarfed them down in short order. I made 24 pitas and they were pretty much gone. Next time I'm gonna hide some for lunch the next day!!

No comments: