Saturday, July 10, 2010

The canning race has began....


I love to can. Well really I love to eat and cook so I suppose canning fits right in with all of that. I pulled the row of beets and pressure canned them, I love the beautiful color of beets. I will can some more with the fall crop and most likely pickle a bit also.
Today I pickled 10 pints and 6 quarts of cauliflower. The kiddos are pickle fends and I came up with the pickled cauliflower out of desperation a few years ago when I way over-planted and wound up with about 30 heads of cauliflower. I freeze some but the kids really went through the pickled.
The peaches are just about ready I will be dripping peach juice by this time next week.

2 comments:

Jeannette said...

Lovely and wise to do this...may your back and legs rest well each night..and don't burn your fingers.

Renae said...

Let the canning begin!!
I've been doing jam from my raspberries and love it. Can't wait for the rest of my garden to kick into high gear.