Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Smoker



I hate to get a gift that is useless. Last year for my birthday my Dad gave me this wonderful smoker for my birthday. He built it somehow, he is amazing and I love it so much!! I have a spring birthday and with last summer being so crazy I only got to use it a few times. When my parents came to see baby#6 I put my Dad to work on smoking some lamb ribs. I had collected about 8 sides of ribs and they really take up the space in the freezer. When we have a animal butchered I like to get back all I can. I feel horrid when some thing gets wasted. Lamb ribs are usually not taken and sent to the renderer. I hadn't heard of anyone cooking lamb ribs but I thought we should give it a try. They were out of this world!! They were meaty and tender and had a fabulous flavor, I don't understand why the ribs are not included when they butcher. I am glad that I had taken ours.

2 comments:

Farmgirl Susan said...

What a fabulous birthday gift! I'd never heard of eating lamb ribs until I started raising sheep, but now I love them. One of my favorite ways to prepare them is like this, but they're also great smothered in teriyaki sauce and cooked uncovered for a couple of hours. Yum! : )

Heather said...

That looks like a YUMMY recipe!! I think I'll have to give it a try! By the way I love your blog keep those recipes comming!!