Monday, March 15, 2010

Farm Library


When we were trying to decide where we were going to move on our return to the US, we felt that we wanted some property with some land. We could have a small farm. When we lived in Utah we had chickens and a goat... kinda a mini-farm in the city. We fell in love with the chickens and fresh eggs so having chickens was a given. We even had a few hens in Puerto Rico in a chicken tractor( the Gardner had to be bribed not to tell the homeowners association we had chickens!) I knew that our new farm would have much more space for bigger and better farm things. I was way excited and started doing research on what we should have. I really was not anywhere near anyone that had a farm so the next best thing was books.. I bought several books and subscribed to many of the popular farm magazines. Our goal was to be self sufficient. I wasn't too sure how we were going to do this. I did not grow up on a farm and hunky hubby is a total city boy.... we read everything we could get our hands on and when the time came we jumped in to our current farm. Now four years later I still reference back to these books and when I see a new one I just have to get it... I guess you can never have too many farm books!!

No comments: