Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Back in business!

 

We took advantage of the crazy 60 degree weather to put the new plastic on the greenhouse. MY awesome husband built this for me to start plants. It has been a real blessing. We have five 55 gallon drums filled with water to help stabilize the heat at night and it is protected from the cold north winds by the garage. On a sunny day it reaches over 100!! I have to open the door and let in the cool air so I don't cook my plants. Last year we put a small space heater in there at night and were able to keep the temperature from dropping below 50. It is amazing!! We are hoping to expand next year to a larger greenhouse, we will see.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

LannaM said...

Oooh, neat! What did you use to frame it out? I'm trying to come up with ideas of something to have hubby do this season for me. :)

Heather said...

We used scrap lumber from our house addition. the only thing we had to pay for was the hinges for the door!!