Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Basil





After the mouse in the greenhouse incident I went a bit overboard with the basil. We have in the garden:
Regular Italian basil
Lettuce leaf basil
Lemon basil
Thai basil
Minette basil
Cinnamon basil
Red Rubin basil
Purple ruffles basil
Variegated basil
I love basil and it is so fun to see all the different kinds in the garden. They smell so good and boy are they pretty. I love to use fresh basil it adds so much flavor. I LOVE pesto in the summer. That is my favorite meal when I am hot and tired, it gives me the energy I need to get back out there and finish the job!

6 comments:

Jenny said...

I never knew there were so many types of basil! Amazing! Now I am inspired to see how many types I can keep alive! Mmm now I am hungry for pesto!

Maggi said...

Hi, I found you through Sugar Pie Sistas! I had no idea there were so many kinds of basil! lol Have a great day!

Tina❀ said...

Wow! me either! Very cool.

sweetpralinemadness said...

Wow, you have a great herb garden! I have two little pots one basil and the other thyme. I would love to have a herb garden like yours. I found you on Aunt Ruthie's site.

Anjanette said...

ditto! I had no idea! :)

smoothiejuice's hectichousehold said...

love your basil assortment. i do this for my husband toooo, huge basil fan